The rotary dryer is an important part of the charcoal machine production line. It is the most common and widely used dryer equipment in industrial equipment. Drum dryer is a dryer for processing Large quantities of raw materials that are widely used in metallurgy, building materials, chemical industry, coal, pharmaceutical, and mining industry. The airflow is in full contact with the material, and there are many mixing shafts and scrapers in the equipment, which can promote the material to be pushed forward while drying.
The working principle of the drum dryer
The wet materials are sent to the hopper by the belt conveyor or bucket elevator, then the material will enter the feeding end through the feeding pipe. The inclination of the feeding pipe should be bigger than the natural inclination of the material so that the material can flow smoothly into the dryer. The dryer cylinder is a rotating cylinder slightly inclined to the horizontal.
The material is added from the higher end and the heat carrier enters from the lower end so that thee can have a countercurrent contact. Also, there is a way the materials and heat carriers flow into the cylinder by the same side. The material moves to the lower end by the rotation of the cylinder and the gravity of itself. The wet material is heated directly or indirectly to dry in the process of moving forward in the cylinder, then delivered through a belt or screw conveyor at the discharge end.
Applications in the industrial rotary dryer
Drum dryers are widely used in building materials, metallurgy, minerals, chemicals, cement and other industries. They are mainly used for slag, limestone, clay, river sand, quartz sand, water slag. It can also be used to dry rice husk, sawdust, fragrant flowers, branches, wood chips, and other granular materials.
Advantages of the drum dryer
- Advanced drying technology, using high-temperature rapid drying technology, large heat transfer coefficient, high thermal efficiency, and high drying strength;
- The dryer has a high degree of automation and does not require too much manual operation. The system operation realizes automatic control and adjustment. Reducing production safety hazards and improve drying efficiency;
- Large fluctuation range allowed in operation, easy to operate;
- With the direct contact between the hot gas flow and the material, the output can meet the needs of different users from 10 tons to 100 tons per hour under the condition of sufficient heat exchange;
- The drum dryer has strong expandability, and the design takes into account the production margin. Even if the output increases slightly, there is no need to replace the equipment;
Display of the rotary dryer
Parameter of the drum dryer
|Model(mm)||Rotate Speed(r/min)||Initial Temperature||Power（kw）||capacity (t/h)||Weight（t）|