Charcoal is a kind of waste renewable energy fuel. It has a higher calorific value than charcoal of similar raw materials. It is smokeless, tasteless, non-toxic, clean and hygienic. It can be widely used for heating at home. Barbecue food is in great demand in the international market. In industry, it can replace coal or heavy oil-fired steam boilers and can also be used as chemical raw materials for deep processing of activated carbon and silicon carbide. Crystalline silicon, etc. It is an essential raw material for carbon disulfide plants, mosquito coil plants, explosives plants, copper processing plants, and foundries.
- Used for smelting high-quality non-ferrous metals and cast iron.
- Used as a carburizing agent for mechanical parts to improve the surface hardness and wear resistance of steel parts.
- Prepare gunpowder with potassium nitrate and sulfur.
- It can be made into graphite. Used as a solid lubricant, which is very important for rotating parts that cannot be lubricated (using graphite as a sliding bearing). As a graphite electrode.
- Once activated carbon is used, it will be more widely used in chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental protection and other aspects. Such as the purification of chemicals, the purification of harmful substances in drinking water and air, and the making of gas masks.
- Machine-made charcoal made from corn stalks and rice stalk fuel rods has an iodine content of 500 mg/g, which is close to the index of industrial activated carbon. It can be used for pollution control and can greatly reduce costs.
- Increase the ground temperature: After charcoal powder is applied to the soil, the black charcoal particles absorb solar heat, which can increase the soil temperature by several degrees Celsius and promote the germination of seeds. In particular, it can promote the germination of seeds that are not easy to germinate and increase the germination rate.
- Improve the soil: After charcoal powder is applied to the soil, rhizosphere bacteria can be formed on the surface of the charcoal, thus forming an agricultural soil suitable for plant cultivation, avoiding the so-called “continuous cultivation obstacles”; and charcoal has an effect on the growth, color and taste of grains, beans and vegetables. All have improved.
- Maintain soil moisture: When the relative humidity is above 50%, charcoal can quickly absorb about 20% of water and can be used to maintain soil moisture. At the same time, it can also improve the air permeability and drainage of the soil, and provide a good living space for microorganisms beneficial to plants.
- Slow release agent for pesticides or fertilizers: The adsorption capacity of charcoal is used to maintain a balance between pesticides and organic fertilizers. Using this balance, pesticides or fertilizers can be released slowly for a long time, and it is not easy to lose with rain.
Animal husbandry use
- Charcoal has the function of absorbing odors. It can deodorize, improve the living environment of livestock and poultry, and promote the growth of livestock and poultry.
- Charcoal also has the function of enhancing the digestibility of livestock and poultry. Adding a small amount of charcoal powder to the feed can accelerate the growth and development of livestock and poultry and improve the quality of meat and milk.
- Use 90 grams of charcoal powder, 60 grams of fried salt and 30 grams of licorice.
- Diarrhea caused by indigestion or unclean drinking water can be fed with 3% charcoal powder in the diet.
- People often use charcoal for heating, grilling, and shabu-shabu. Because of its smokelessness, high calorific value, and long burning time, it is more and more popular.
- There are countless holes in the charcoal. These holes have the function of adsorbing various substances and releasing adsorbed substances. Therefore, people use it as a dehumidifier. When it is wet, charcoal will absorb moisture, when it is dry, it will release the absorbed moisture, so as to play an excellent role in regulating humidity. In addition, charcoal can also eliminate odors and harmful substances in the room.
- The porosity of charcoal can not only store the water needed by the roots of plants, but also improve the air permeability and drainage of the soil, and provide a good living space for microorganisms that are beneficial to plants. Therefore, add 5%- Charcoal, which is 10% the size of a bean, can provide a healthy growth environment for plants; while garden trees enhance the ability to resist pests and diseases.
- Today’s decoration concepts have begun to pay attention to the characteristics of environmental protection, nature, health, and humanity. Decorative charcoal uses small pore spaces to grow a luxuriant bonsai with a handful of soil.
- Charcoal can help preserve food. Use it as a deodorant on the refrigerator.