An outdoor barbecue is a very interesting outdoor activity. Some charcoal has a lot of smoke and is not easy to ignite. If you can’t choose high-quality outdoor BBQ charcoal, your excellent barbecue technology will not work. How to choose outdoor barbecue charcoal?
Four aspects to choosing the right outdoor barbecue charcoal
1. Sound. When two pieces of charcoal collide, the high-density charcoal has a crisp sound and a long burning time, while the low-density charcoal is easy to break when impacted and is not resistant to burning.
2. Hardness. The harder the charcoal, the better the quality of the charcoal. It is worth noting that there are some cracks on the charcoal itself, which does not affect the quality of the charcoal. Such charcoal can also be purchased with confidence.
3. Color. Choose Pure Black Charcoal.
4. shapes. There are two types: spherical and long. Spherical charcoal is easier to ignite, but it is not easy to burn without long charcoal. Generally, barbecues are outdoors and the journey is long. It is recommended to choose long charcoal.
How to ignite the outdoor BBQ charcoal？
First of all, choose a suitable ignition tool. There are mainly three kinds of ignition aids for barbecue charcoal commonly used at present. There are three types of torches, torches, and torches.
1. The flamethrower is the most direct way to point carbon. The snap-on gas tank flamethrower is widely used outdoors and in daily life. When grilling, especially when using machine-made charcoal for grilling, you can directly arrange the charcoal in a pyramid shape, pay attention to the gap between each other and the ventilation is smooth, and then use the flamethrower to spray fire at the gap of the charcoal at a 45-degree angle, pay attention to spraying. The flame-throwing head of the musket should be kept at a distance of about 15 cm from the charcoal, so as to prevent the flame-throwing head from being damaged by high-temperature tempering.
2. The ignition wax is made of artificial mineral oil, and the ignition wax has high heat and a long burning time. It can be easily ignited. Place the charcoal in a pyramid shape on the charcoal mesh, pay attention to maintaining ventilation, and then take an appropriate amount ( Generally, 5-6 packs can be used) The ignition wax is plugged in the gap of the charcoal pile. Ignite the ignition wax, and the flame after the ignition wax burns can drive the combustion of the surrounding charcoal. Add other charcoal blocks around the burned charcoal block to ignite. In about 10 minutes or so, the charcoal is fully ignited and the barbecue can be started.
3. A kindling barrel is a must-have charcoal lighting equipment for foreigners. It is a cylindrical barrel with excellent ventilation. The bottom and surrounding areas are mostly hollowed out. Especially when igniting spherical charcoal, it is a very wise choice to use a kindling barrel. Take an appropriate amount (usually 5-6 packs) of the ignition wax and pile it into small piles and then light it, put the charcoal in the ignition bucket, pay attention to maintaining ventilation, and then put the ignition bucket containing the charcoal on the burning ignition wax small pile The flame after the ignition wax burns can drive the burning of the charcoal in the ignition barrel. In about 10 minutes or so, the charcoal is fully ignited, and the barbecue can be started by pouring it into the charcoal net.